Staffing has always been an issue for SMBs and with unemployment standing at 7.9% in the UK, it’s always useful to know how those of us in the private sector can help to alleviate part of the problem no matter how small our contribution is.
Something you might want to consider is utilising Microsoft’s Britain Works Apprenticeship Scheme which is the result of a collaboration with e-Skills UK and QA. Already £2.5m worth of funding for apprenticeship training has been awarded for Microsoft Partners across the country and thankfully there’s more on the way.
- MS Certified Technical Support staff
- Inc. Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) + extra MCTS
- 10-12 month programme
- Classroom (QA) and e-learning (UKeLearning) delivery Level 3 City & Guilds
- Certified IT Telesales staff
- Inc. Microsoft Sales Academy & ‘Selling the Stack’ + MLSS Lite + MTA
- 12 month programme split into two 6 month blocks
- Blended delivery e.g. virtual classroom, e-learning, classroom Level 3 City & Guilds
- Programmers and Junior Developers
- Inc. Relevant content from DPE inc 4 week .NET (C#) ‘Bootcamp’
- 12 month programme
- Blended delivery
- Level 3 and 4 City & Guilds
Microsoft Partners are being invited now to sign up for the Spring 2011 intakes and the table below shows the the regional dates available to you:
If you are a Microsoft Partner, feel free to click on the images to loop you back into the Partner Portal so you can find out more.
Susanne Dansey is the Managing Director of Purple Cow Ideas Management – an organisation that facilitates a paradigm shift in the collaborative nature of the ICT Industry. You can follow her on Twitter and join the conversation on Facebook.